Industries, Clients, Projects
I have undertaken projects for many clients in various industries. Representative examples follow. For specific work samples, please contact me directly.
- Industries: healthcare, education, insurance, legal, manufacturing, publishing
- Representative clients: Medtronic, Questar, Lifetouch, Pearson, Data Recognition Corporation, Insurance Marketing Partners, Minnesota State Bar Association, Robins, Kaplan LLC, Murnane Brandt, Hellmuth & Johnson, Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, Capstone, Nilfisk Advance, Minnesota Monthly
- Project Examples:
- Copywriter: Long-term contract with Medtronic to perform content strategy, writing and editing of digital copy for internal and external patient and healthcare professional audiences. Topics include product-related content, corporate marketing content, corporate policies and compliance information and associated metadata.
- Proposals: Reviewed past RFP responses, identified, organized, and edited frequently used text to create content database for Questar, a K-12 assessment provider. Edited and proofread RFP responses.
- Articles: Researched topics and wrote articles for periodic corporate newsletter, repurposed articles authored by attorneys at national law firm for other audiences, authored magazine articles for Minnesota Monthly, Hamline University College of Law alumni magazine, Minnesota State Bar Association’s Bench & Bar and served as co-editor of Bench & Bar while editor on sabbatical.
- Marketing materials: Wrote articles, brochures, emails and InMails, campaign pages, display and search ads, blogs and social media posts for healthcare, insurance, legal, and automotive industry clients.
- Content strategy: Transferred and reorganized web copy in new content management system for nonprofit and for large corporate client. Planned and organized new web content for law firm, insurance agencies, large healthcare client, and others.
- Educational materials: Prepared in-person seminar and webinar materials, checklists, and teaching aids on digital writing best practices, editing, and legal topics. Also prepared and edited teacher guides, test questions, and exams.
- Reports: Reviewed historical documents and wrote 23-page history of civilian review of police for attorney client. Analyzed survey data and wrote 118-page report summarizing results for Minnesota State Bar Association Diversity Committee. Reviewed and edited corporate report and modified portions for web.
- Guides: Reviewed, simplified, standardized, and edited 30+ page dealer guides and handbook for international company. Prepared style guides for various corporate clients.
- Forms: Researched, drafted, and led team reviewing 74+ probate forms for the Minnesota State Bar Association). Edited 150+ real estate forms as part of a Minnesota Department of Commerce Task Force. Collaborated with Hennepin County Self-Help Center staff on real estate form.
- Human resources materials: Reviewed, standardized, simplified, and edited 150+ job descriptions for national company.